1. What are the factors responsible for increasing economic globalization? Discuss the consequences of such a trend.
2. “The United Nations has proven itself incapable of solving both regional and global problems and should be dismantled.” Do you agree?
3. What changes, if any, would you like to see in the people of your country?
4. Describe and justify your philosophy of life.
5. How should the spread of AIDS be combated?
6. Do you agree that nuclear power is the only practical solution to the world’s energy problems?
7. “The modern woman has paid too high a price for equality.” Do you agree?
8. “The greatest danger of science is that it is seen by modern man as the answer to everything.” Discuss.
9. “A little learning is a dangerous thing.” Do you agree?
10. Is it true that the promotion of the Arts is a luxury which only rich, developed nations can afford?
11. “Nearly all non-conformists are merely attention seekers.” Do you agree?
12. Discuss the purpose, value and effectiveness of any two recent government campaigns in your country.
13. “Some people need advice; most need orders.” How far do you agree with this view?
14. What do you understand by the concept of a mature person?
15. “All history is biased.” How far do you agree with this view?
16. “Let him who desires peace prepare for war.” Is this a sound advice?
17. Do you agree that Western society has gone too far in its questioning of all forms of authority?
18. Is Science necessarily the key to the advancement of Mankind?
19. In what ways is statistical literacy important?
20. What do you consider are the advantages and disadvantages of having an armed police force?
21. Which three technological developments do you feel will have the greatest impact on mankind in the next decade? How and why will they change our lives?
22. “Censorship is always self-defeating and therefore futile.” How far do you agree?
23. “Economics is not a science but merely a form of modern witchcraft.” Discuss.
24. “American culture is having a pervasive and polluting influence on the rest of the world.” How far do you agree?